Indulge in the rich, layered flavors of “Lasagna with Meat Sauce, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese”. This dish, a gourmet twist on the classic lasagna, is a culinary masterpiece that promises to tantalize your taste buds. It’s not just about the taste, but also the joy of discovering new combinations and the satisfaction of creating something truly unique from familiar ingredients.
Lasagna with Meat Sauce, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese Recipe
Lasagna with meat sauce, prosciutto and goat cheese
- 1 pan fry
- 1 oven
- 12 lasagna sheets of pasta
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 300 gr. goat cheese
- ½ cup cream cheese with low fat
- ¼ cup grated yellow cheese low fat
- 2 ½ teaspoons dried rubbed basil
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 700 grams of tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped prosciutto
- 350 gr. minced beef
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- First, put a little olive oil and pan fry a finely chopped clove of garlic and mince.
- Stir in salt and pepper, half tomato juice and let it cook.
- In another small pan put some olive oil and cook 250 grams.
- tomato sauce, which add a little salt, pepper and a teaspoon of sugar.
- In a blender add 1 clove garlic, goat cheese and beat until they become cream.
- Add the cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of yellow cheese, basil, paprika, egg and continue to beat until mixture is smooth.
- In a lightly buttered Pyrex Spread sheets 3 noodles, spreads from the mixture of cheeses, prosciutto and meat sauce.
- Repeat the layers 2 more times and finish with a layer of lasagne.
- Pour the tomato sauce and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of grated yellow cheese and mozzarella.
- Cover the Pyrex and bake at 180 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Perfecting Your Lasagna
The lasagna is the heart of this dish. Here are some tips to ensure you get it right every time:
- Pasta: Use high-quality lasagna noodles for the best texture. Cook them until they’re al dente – firm to the bite.
- Meat Sauce: The meat sauce should be rich and flavorful. Take your time to brown the meat and simmer the sauce to develop depth of flavor.
- Cheese: Use fresh goat cheese for its creamy texture and tangy flavor. It pairs beautifully with the salty prosciutto and hearty meat sauce.
Layering Your Lasagna
The magic of lasagna lies in its layers. Here’s how to layer your lasagna for the best result:
- Order: Start with a layer of meat sauce at the bottom of your baking dish, followed by lasagna noodles, more meat sauce, slices of prosciutto, dollops of goat cheese, and finally a sprinkle of grated cheese. Repeat these layers until all your ingredients are used up.
- Quantity: Be generous with each layer, but don’t overfill your baking dish. You want each layer to be distinct, but not overflowing.
Lasagna with Meat Sauce, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese is a versatile dish that can be served in various ways:
- Family Dinner: Serve it with a side of garlic bread and a green salad for a hearty family meal.
- Dinner Party: Pair it with a glass of red wine and some antipasti for an elegant Italian-themed dinner party.
- Holiday Feast: Accompany it with roasted vegetables and a rich tiramisu for a festive holiday spread.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a different type of meat for the sauce? Yes, you can use ground turkey or chicken as a lighter alternative to the traditional beef or pork.
- Can I substitute the goat cheese with something else? Absolutely! Ricotta or mozzarella can be used as substitutes, but keep in mind that they will alter the flavor of the dish.
- How do I store leftovers? Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should last for up to 3 days.
- Can I make this dish ahead of time? Yes, you can assemble the lasagna a day ahead and refrigerate it. Just bake it fresh when you’re ready to serve.
- What’s the best way to reheat this dish? The best way to reheat this dish is in the oven. This ensures the lasagna stays moist and the cheese gets nicely melted.
Lasagna with Meat Sauce, Prosciutto and Goat Cheese is more than just a meal; it’s a culinary adventure. Whether you’re an experienced cook or a novice, this dish offers a chance to explore and experiment. Remember, cooking is a creative process, and there’s no right or wrong way to do it. So, don’t be afraid to put your own spin on this recipe. After all, the joy of cooking comes from the process as much as the end result. Happy cooking!